Thursday, July 2, 2009

Show Us Where You Live - The Yard




This week on Show Us Where You Live Friday is all about yards and garages. Well, I don't have a garage, but I do have a lot of yard- almost an acre and a half- to be exact.

front
View from the front porch. I took this picture awhile ago, that's why it doesn't really match the rest. My momnesia led me to believe that I had a lot of pictures of the front yard so I didn't need to take any more, but no, this is was the only one that shows more than closeup.




My bicycle planter. You have no idea how long it took me to put this thing together. I blame it on faulty directions, but I might have made some errors myself!

Kappa Kappa Gamma! The colors are wrong, but it's still the fleur-de-lis.



This is Spencer's flower stand. I let her water it, which she just loves, and then she tried to pluck them!



Crepe Myrtle in the front yard. I can't wait for it to bloom- early fall.




My July 4th Spirit, haha! And that's Spencer, coming to show me the flower she just picked. I have the hardest time keeping her from doing that, but my hurt just melts when she says "Flowee, prit-ee!" And then she pats her head, because she wants me to put one in her hair. She has a headband that has a flower on it, and to make her want to wear it, I showed her how pretty it was and how pretty it looked on her. Ever since then, when she sees a flowee, she wants to put it in her hair!


The backyard. You probably can't tell from this picture, but it's almost an entire acre.


That's a dogwood behind the slide, which is Virgina's State Flower, even though it's a tree!



On the screened in porch. Oh, how I love my screened in porch! It's probably my favorite thing about our house.



View of the backyard from the porch. That's a shed you see to your left, which is the home to many a creature. I don't want to destroy their thriving ecosystem, so I leave it alone, and they leave us alone.

So that's my yard. It's a fair amount to maintain, but Spencer and Vivi love it, and so do I. It really is kind of therapeutic , trying to keep all my flowers, trees, and grass alive while wrangling an almost two year old and Great Dane puppy, but I like knowing that I can do it!
Other Rooms:


post signature

8 comments:

Hayley said...

Your yards are amazing, my dear. Makes me loathe this little .15 lot we're on, which actually feels even smaller because our house's footprint is so huge. Mowing must kind of suck! Do you hire out? And was that a park across the street?

That whole dogwood thing reminded me of "The American President." Everything makes me think of movies, I swear.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Cute yard and blog! :)

Heather said...

I love the view from your front porch!! I love rainy days! Your flowers are gorgeous!! Love the play area for your girl!!

Embellished Bayou said...

What a beautiful space! I love all your cute planters!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Cute bicycle planter! Nice representing for KKG (I was not a Kappa, I was in another house... but I still like to see sorority flair!)

Melissa said...

I would love to have an acre! It looks amazing! It really is a lot to keep up on. I don't know how you do it with an acre. Job well done, girl!

I would also love to have an older house like yours, with some property. I've been talking to COdy about it but he just can't bring himself to the idea of all the upkeep and not to mention redoing everything! But I think it wouldbe a blast to renovate an old house. Yours looks amazing!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Very pretty!! Love all your accessories in the yard!!

Mnemosyne said...

This post made my heart ache! I grew up in Virginia and miss it everyday. Seeing your pictures of your yard made me remember my home there. Lovely pictures of a lovely yard!

Post a Comment