Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Five Stages of Spencer

Spencer's latest thing is complete and utter hatred of my camera. If she sees me with it, she immediately starts shutting her eyes and covering her face. Oops, I guess I did something wrong there! For the past few weeks I have cut back on my overly zealous photo-snapping tendencies, hoping that her distaste for the camera would going away. At the very least I was hoping she'd be more tolerant of it, but NO.

Yesterday was the first day in over two weeks that I'd taken any pictures of her, and I did get a few cute ones of her in the pool. But I guessed I pressed my luck, because when I brought out the camera in the evening, she threw a complete fit. As long as she can't see it, Spencer's happy, but once she realizes that I might be using her playtime as a photo op... well, here's what happened.

Denial. She can't catch me- I'm the gingerbread girl.


Anger. I am SO mad you, Mommy!

Bargaining. Please, if stop taking pictures and push my swing higer, I promise I'll go to sleep early tonight!


Depression. Why me? Why? Oh, the horror!


Acceptance. Fine, I'll smile for a minute, but I'm NOT going to bed early!

post signature

2 comments:

Patti said...

She is so naughty!! :) Emersyn often gives me the blank stare when I get out the camera. Good thing we are in a digital age where you can snap 100 pictures and hope for one good one!! :)

P.S. You made my day by asking if Emersyn ever gets mad. I have always dreamed of having a happy baby. :) And the answer is YES. Like when I put her in her high chair and attempt to make her food, she does not have the gift of patience. :)Reminds me of her mama at times. :)

Annie said...

what a cute stinker butt you have!

Post a Comment