Thursday, July 9, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - The Entry Way




I don't have a foyer, I have an entryway. It's just a little nook carved out of the front of the house. Since there isn't all that much I can do, without it clashing with the front room, I've tried to take a less is more approach.





You come in and this is it. That's my MeMa's antique serving cart.




It was kind a little bland for my taste, so I put an antique mirror on top of it and fit pretty much exactly! It just gives it a little Ooomph without detracting from it's antique-iness.




I bought this vase on (in?) Murano- which a little island in Venice. They have the best hand blown glass there, it's just amazing. They give tours and show you how they make it- it's a really fascinating process. Their sister island, Burano, is famous for their lace.

So that's it- my foyer/entry way. Kinda boring huh?


Other Rooms:


post signature


5 comments:

Heather said...

I love the simplicity!! That antique cart is gorgeous!

A Refocused Life said...

Great entryway. It's nice that you have a special item (vase) displayed where you can see it everyday. I like the cart.

Unknown said...

what a GREAT floor you have so beautiful and unique! thanks for stopping by my blog!

Melissa Miller said...

It's really a beautiful piece you used in the entryway.
~Wonderful job! :)

Patti said...

I love the antique cart, how neat! We have a boring little table in our entry way, no character but it looks nice. I always wanted to jump into these "show us where you live" posts but Fridays are the day that I clean up and then to take and upload pics, I am just not that on top of it. Darn, it would have been fun. Maybe she will re-run it again.

Regarding your comment: Brett and I started hanging out about 10 years ago and I defnitely noticed chemistry. I would say I "officially" started liking him on and off when I was about 19 but he was so fiesty and crazy that I didn't think it would ever really happen. He has, and still has a great ability to make me MAD!!! :) It is a great story though, one that I believe anyone can have if you just make friendship a priority and don't rush into dating. :)

Post a Comment