Thursday, July 23, 2009

SYTYCD - The 100th Episode

So I thought I'd semi-live-blog this shindig, since it's supposed to be fan-freakin'-tastic! So far, we're 27 minutes in and I don't think anything mind blowing has happened. I'm anxiously awaiting Katie Holmes, Nigel! Hok Konishi an Jaimie Goodwin performed their Wade Robeson Hummingbird routine - which I think was just as good as the first time.

The Bottom Two (Four):

  • Kayla
  • Janette
  • Jason
  • Brandon
I'm a little surprised by Janette and Brandon both being in the bottom, I thought it would be Evan and Jeanine. But I am SO, SO, SO glad that Ade and Melissa are safe!!
Travis Wall and Heidi Groskreutz just performed their Emmy Award winning routine Park Bench. It was choreographed my Mia Micheals and danced to Celine Dion's Calling You. I think it was better than the first time they did it! She may be a little (lot) of an odd ball, but when Mia Michaels in on, she's on.
The dancers do their solos and they were pretty good, nothing to write home about. Next is another Wade Robeson choreographed routine - it's to Ramalama (Bang Bang), by Roisin Murphy. There's a lot of previous SYTYCD contestants dancing in this piece - Benji Schwimmer (Season 2 Winner), Travis Wall , Allison Holker, Ivan Koumaev, Dmitry Chaplin, Donyelle Jones, Heidi Groskreutz, and Martha Nichols. It's weird, off course. Zombie weird. But I enjoyed seeing all the old dancers again!
The Moment We've All Been Waiting For...
Katie Holmes
(Who I used to love before she became a pod person)
She's singing and it's Hollywood noire. Her voice is very good, much better than when she sang On My Own on Dawson's Creek. Well, upon closer inspection, she's lip synching while dancing, but it's still her voice. She looks very pretty. She doesn't do all that much dancing, I'm pretty sure we did the same thing in show choir. But she didn't embarrass herself and she looked more Katie Holmes than Kate Cruise, which I like.

Going Home:

  • Janette
  • Jason
I'm really surprised about Janette, she did NOT deserve to go home. She's danced like a hot tamale, ball of fiery goodness every single time. I think it should have been Kayla, but that's just me. What did ya'll think about tonight's show? I'm sad that there weren't more performances by SYTYCD alumni. I would have LOVED to see Danny Tidwell do something and Twitch- actually any of last year's Top 10. Why were they just in the audience?
post signature

3 comments:

KK said...

I was surprised she left too, well sort of...I mean I voted for Melissa 100 times!!!! So that didn't help anyone else out.

KK said...

OH and your take on Katie was exactly what I was thinking! Pod person! :) I was glad she looked better and the lip sync annoyed me! But alas, I would sound more like when she was on Dawson's, so I better not say anything more about that!

Annie said...

I caan't beleive Janette got sent home!! She was my fave :(
Katie's performance did nothing for me...the lip syncing was not cool, ha!

Post a Comment