Friday, June 12, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - The Bathrooms




Today we're showing/touring all of the bathrooms in the house. Since I only have 1.5, it won't take you very long. When I first moved in here the bathrooms were in terrible shape. Everything was brown and yellow, which I'm told was all the "rage" during the 60's and 70's. I've done A LOT of work on them, but there are a few more things I still need to do before I'll be really pleased.







The main bathroom. Or as I like to call it, the only bathroom with a shower/tub.





I took Spencer's potty off of the toilet for this picture, oops.




What I love most about my bathroom is the shower curtain rod- it's curved and gives you a lot more room to move. The shower head is one that conserves water, but still has good pressure.




I love pigs and I try to put little ones in very room. Most are very inconspicuous, but I still like having them there. See, he just blends right in! Funny story, but not; when I was in the 7th grade I convinced myself that my parents were going to get me a potbellied pig for my 13th birthday. It didn't matter that they repeatedly told me pigs would fly before they ever bought me one. I did NOT think it was funny when they gave me a stuffed animal pig with a bow around it's neck and a card that read "The Only Pig You'll Ever Get, Love, Mom and Dad." Talk about teenage, angsty drama!





This is the half bathroom, or as I like to call it, the W.C.





Please note the toilet seat lock. Yet somehow Spencer still managed to open it up far enough to put my keys in there!



My two little piggies and a basket of sample toiletries for any guests to use. I bought that basket for 25 cents when I was in Peru, and it's one of the best made baskets I've ever seen.
That's the end of my bathroom tour, I wish I had some more cool things to show ya'll, but my house was built in 1962, so I just have to work with what I've got!

Other Links

post signature

10 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

Love your colors. The pig story was cute.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I have a curved shower rod, too. It not only gives you more room, but lets in more light. Thanks for sharing.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Great colors! Our bathrooms are the last thing in the house to get done and are seriously unworthy of pictures!

Heather said...

I love the blues on the wall!! You have done a great job! The bathrooms are so pretty!

Michele said...

Wow! Love the blue bathroom!!!

Roeshel said...

What fun bathrooms!

Have I mentioned that your blog header model is a doll?!

Caroline said...

I love the bright colors!

Tara G. said...

Cute little piggies! It's so nice to have little toiletries available- we do the same thing!

Michelle said...

Very fun bathrooms! I love the blue bathroom and the piggy story - ha!

loretta said...

Your bathrooms are both so pretty!! Mine is boring and ugly! :( You even have pretty little butterfly towels .... I've got frayed falling apart ones LOL

I think I'm most jealous of the purple bathroom... I'd be happy if I could paint any room purple! darn this renting thing!

Post a Comment