Friday, June 5, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - The Office



My office is more than office and it's still a work in progress. I haven't found a coherent theme for the entire room because it has so many different functions.




This is the view from the hallway. In the right corner is the sewing and craft area. Obviously, the big thing in the middle functions as my home gym, haha. In the left corner is my MeMa's antique dresser. I don't really know what to do with it because I'm always afraid Spencer's going to hurt it. But I love having her things around, it makes me feel closer to her. The red sewing basket was hers and then my mom's and now it's mine.




This is the view from the other side of the room. My desk, bookcase, craft bins, and wrapping area.





The bookcase, open and shut.




Some of my old law school books, LSAT prep, etc. If you look closely, you'll see nursing books on top of Property Law. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to start nursing school in January. I've already been accepted, it really depends on how Spencer is doing with potty training. (It costs a lot more to go to day care if they're not and most pre-schools won't even accept kids unless they're potty trained.)


In the other picture there's a lot of high school and college memorabilia. Do you see all those Bibles? And that's just because 5 was all that could fit- I have about 5 more!




The desk area. I mostly just like to decorate it! I put my laptop on it when I'm doing the elliptical and it's where I do my eBay and other wrapping type things. I'm not organized in real life, but I need this area to be just so. I mean, who needs 5 rolls of tape? And that's just a fraction of my over-the-top Koozie collection. I don't know I have so many, because I never use them.




Tape, post-its, thank you cards, sticky tack. In the picture frame is Sara and me when I was 17, and then Spencer and Lila, and then Me holding Lila the day she way born. And she gave me that picture quote, which makes me smile on a daily basis.






The sewing area. One day, when I have a bigger house, hopefully I won't have to combine so many stations into one room. It's a little crazy to have an exercise, crafting, and studying room. Oh, but isn't that sewing box so neat? I love how it folds out and looks like a huge bird.





The dresser- it needs a real purpose. Any ideas?




And of course my sweet Spencer! I love this picture of her. I took it on her first birthday when she had just started eating her cake. She wanted nothing to do with it and she kept looking at me like I was crazy.


So that's the office/craft/exercise room. I hope it wasn't too boring for ya'll! And if you have any suggestions for the chest/dresser, please let me know. I hope everyone has a great weekend!


post signature

8 comments:

John & Michelle said...

I LOVE your dresser! I have an end table with that same drawer pull that we found at a flea market in IL. If I had that piece, I'd make it our TV stand and use the drawers for DVD storage and whatever else we'd love to hide away! :-)

Heather said...

Your office so cute!! You have done a great job and I love your short bookcase, I love the doors at the bottom!

tiarastantrums said...

lovely little sewing corner

Hayley said...

Clean and organized- that's your theme. With a room full of such awesome things, you don't need a real theme. IMO

I wish John's office were like yours! I'd post pics, but then I'd embarrass him.

Roeshel said...

Cute space! I love the way you've arranged everything! :)

Roeshel

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today. I love your room....and the organization.

I am still finding my way around blogland....
I always love making new friends..

I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by.
Each comment enters you for the June giveaway.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quote! I am going to ahve to use it....

Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
kate spade handbags
prada outlet
nike free 5
michael kors outlet online
soccer jerseys
chaussure louboutin
abercrombie and fitch
ralph lauren
chanyuan10.06

Post a Comment