Thursday, June 18, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance - Results Show Recap - Top 18

The results show opens up with a Mia Michaels choreographed routine. The dancers had on suits and very weird tattoo-esque face paint. They then do a montage of Lil' C's intellectual, on another dimension, critiques. Haha, it's pretty funny!

The first three couples come out on the stage:

  • Melissa & Ade - Safe! I love them, I'm glad they're safe.
  • Jason & Caitlin - In the Bottom Three, dancing for their life.
  • Phillip & Jeanine - Safe. I'm a little surprised by this, based on their performance last night they probably deserved to be in the Bottom Three.


The next three couples:

  • Brandon & Janette - Safe
  • Jonathan & Karla - Safe! I'm really glad they're safe, I loved their routine last night.
  • Kupono & Ashley - Bottom Three, dancing their solos. I'm not surprised.


And the final three pairs:

  • Evan & Randi - Safe. And his brother Ryan just got his Vegas ticket for Season 6!
  • Vitolio & Asuka - Safe.
  • Maks & Kayla - Bottom Three. They both look really shocked, especially Kayla.

While we're waiting for the solos, another international dancer performs, to Ganesha Toda Tatkar by Guru Sundarlal Gangani et. al. It's a Bollywood dance, but there's no male, and she has these bells on her ankles that highlight just how fast she's moving her feet.

Caitlin - performing to Make You Feel My Love, by Adele. She has really beautiful lines and fabulous jumps.

Jason - performing to Superman, by Robin Thicke. He's really good too, and his jumps are lovely.

Ashley - dancing to By Your Side, by Coco Rosie. It's different, but okay.

Kupono - Many Moons, by Janelle Monae - Also different. His outfit it nicely incorporated into routine.

Kayla - Walking on Air, by Kerli - She is very good. She's not my favorite dancer, but I can't deny that she's talented. Her jumps are high and powerful and she's so flexible.

Maks - Footloose, by Kenny Loggins - I LOVE this song! He does a fantastic job, with super fast foot work and spins.

I'm predicting that Ashley and Kupono will be going home tonight. While the judges are deliberating, Kristinia Debarge is performing Goodbye. She's lip synching. That's annoying.

We're starting with the girls. And the judges are not unanimous, uh oh.

  • Caitlin - Safe
  • Ashley - Going Home
  • Kayla - Safe


And the boys.

  • Jason - Safe
  • Kupono - Safe
  • Maks - Going Home.

Oh rats, I like him, he did NOT deserve to go home. But that seems to happen a lot with the ballroom men. That means Kayla and Kupono will be dancing together next week. See ya'll then!


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to be be named Ade without everyone thinking Lime or Lemon when they see you? I do not think so. There are actually a few people in my life I would like to ankle bell. ~Mary

Heather said...

I have heard alot of people talk about this show, but I never have. It sounds like I need to! I bet I would like it!

Post a Comment