Friday, March 13, 2009

ACC Tarheel


Growing up in Virginia, one might think I'd either be a UVA or Tech fan, but I'm not. I am a die hard Tarheel girl, and I have been for as long as I can remember. My mom roots for UNC, and her dad, my Papa, was also a huge Tarheel fan. It's in my blood!
I'm not what you'd call a "Sports Chick," not at all. The exception to this rule is ACC Basketball. I know stats, line ups, bench depth, plays, etc. I also have "rules." Even though I HATE Duke, I will always root for them over a non-ACC team- conference loyalty is number one in my book. Otherwise, there is no way on earth I ever root for Duke.


When I was in the 8th grade, someone murdered the Tarheel mascot, and I wore Carolina Blue all week, seven days, as a sign of my mourning. D-I-E H-A-R-D!! The very first thing I registered for, when I was pregnant with Spencer, was a Tarheel onesie. I have a million of these little crazy UNC facts, but I think you get the picture.


March Madness is one of my favorite times of year! I enter a few pools, and last year, I won $250! I spend a ridiculously long time picking out my brackets, running possible win scenarios. What can I say? It's one of the few areas of sports that requires brain over brawn.

So of course you know what I will be doing this weekend- watching the ACC tourney! Spencer and I will both be decked out in our Carolina Blue- it's a real color folks. Hope everyone has a wonderful, lucky Tarheel weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment