Monday, March 16, 2009

My New Arrivals

I would not call myself materialistic, per say, but I do like things. However, if there were a fire, or some sort of reality show where I could only take what I could carry in one trip, it wouldn't even take me a nanosecond to grab Spencer, my dog, my laptop with all my pictures, my Spencer memorabilia/important docs bag, and my Mema's ring. My bloggy friend Hayley, told me she bought a fireproof safe where they put all their pictures, external hard drives, etc., and I am totally saving up for one!

But the real point of this, is that I like things. Not necessarily expensive things, although in my BS (Before Spencer) days, I had a real love for designer bags and sunglasses. But things are different now, I am different now. These days, when I'm not buying for the babe, I'm looking for unique items, things that aren't expensive, but still look like I spent time picking them out. I'm no longer an impulse buyer, (okay, sometimes I just can't help it- but my impulse rule is $20 and under) perusing Etsy and eBay until I find the perfect purchase at the right price.

I told you last week that I bought these adorable milk glass mugs from Maisy's Market, and they came this week! I am so excited and they are TDF. I also bought a super cute pair of earrings from DarlyBird last week, as I had coupon from an earlier promotion that they forgot to apply to a purchase, so they let me use it on my earrings. Such niceness in these recession times! And they came today!

Let me tell you, there is almost nothing better than getting a package on a rainy, yucky morning. So here is a picture of my beautiful mugs and my, hopefully, Spencer-proof earrings! Side Note: BS, I would never be caught dead without my pearls, or my graduation gift diamond studs, or my Chanel C's (don't get any BIG ideas, the C's were SO tiny that you'd practically have to be sucking my earlobe to see that it was a C on my ear. The first time she ripped out one of my pearl earrings, which has still yet to be found, was the day I stopped wearing earrings- almost 18 months ago! Remember, I have a huge fear of earlobe rippage- is there a phobia for that? If so, please email it to me, because I would love to what it is!





The earrings are a tad blurry, so here's the store picture of them.

Grand total of both purchases, are you ready for this? Less than $20! Not much less, like a few cents or two less, but still under $2o. (Not counting shipping) Nothing puts a spring in my springtime step, like pretty, inexpensive, make-me-smile purchases.

It was a good weekend! More on that for another post, but it was good. Well, except for my Heels losing to FSU, but they played terribly and didn't deserve it. On a brighter note, they'll be more rested for the Big Dance this week!

So did any of you make some good purchases this weekend? Remember, we are trying to stimulate the economy!

4 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh I totally was afraid of ear lobe rippage (haha) too... I hardly every where dangly earings anymore because of it!

Patti said...

Emers is starting to grab my earrings too. Darn.

Maisy said...

I just love the earrings thanks for the link.
I'm sooooo happy you love the mugs.
I also love them. Seriously girl...anything will look and taste good in those!
Thanks again for your purchase.
PS Thank you for the very sweet feedback!
xoxo

Hayley said...

Cute buys! I love stuff too. And I love being name dropped! Bwahahaha!

I'm so scared of earlobe rippage that my holes are now closed, probably never to reopen again, like most Mervyn's locations.

Post a Comment