Thursday, April 9, 2009

"De Ah"

"Imagine you're a de-ah.."

One of my all time favorite movies and my favorite line of the movie (the whole thing, not just that snippet!) and a perfect way to describe our day. We went to the zoo. Oh, and 10 cool points if you can correctly name the movie! (How 1998 was that? haha)


Spencer, my mom, and I all piled into her station wagon and went to the Richmond Metro Zoo, which is actually not in Richmond, but in BFE. Spencer had a really great time, thank goodness, although there were a few rough patches along the way!



Look at that attitude! Strike a pose.

The Zoo is owned by family, they actually live on the property, and most of the animals there are ones that were rescued. They have a ton of animals though, orangutans, bears, a snow leopard, zebras, giraffes, hippos, camels- even a penguin! We went on a "Safari" through the African wilderness, which was the part where Spencer was NOT good.



The animals come right up to you (not dangerous ones) and Spencer wanted to touch them- which isn't allowed. She kept yelling "Tweet, Tweet!" (her word for treat) and I thought they were going to stampede us. But they didn't and we went on our merry way. I would have liked to have stayed a little longer, but after two hours Spence had had enough, so went had Sonic for lunch. I LOVE Sonic Diet Coke. I don't know why, but something about it makes it extra yummy!


Inhaling a granola bar- I guess she was starving.
These are some of the pictures from the day, and the animals- which I wanted to take home with me-I'm such a child that way! Actually, I'll post more later- Blogger is being really annoying with the picture uploads.

post signature

3 comments:

Hayley said...

It's the ice. Sonic has great ice.

Maybe that's just me and my anemia talking.

Hayley said...

Oh yeah... that would be My Cousin Vinny, one of my favorite movies ever. The "de-ah" part is my favorite, aside from the part where she rattles off her vast knowledge of the automobile on the stand.

Gotta love Marisa Tomei!

Maisy said...

katie~
spencer just gets cuter and cuter. I feel like I know her. i wish i could just give her a big squeeze. i want to be her aunt amy ~

Post a Comment