Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Off to the Doctor We Go

So after Spencer threw up again last night- this time after crying for less than 15 seconds, I decided to call the doctor today. I talked to the nurse and she thought it would be a good idea for Spencer to be seen by her doctor tomorrow.

The nurse seems to think that there might be some acid reflux component to it. That would make sense, because she had really bad reflux for her first two months of life. After Spencer would eat, I'd have to keep her sitting up for 30 minutes, or else she'd spit up her entire meal. The doctors said that was all part of her preemieness, and as she got older her esophagus would be stronger and have an easier time closing and staying shut. And they were right, around month two of her earthly life she stopped spitting up and I didn't have to stay up an extra half hour at 3am.

I would LOVE it if there's some medicine out there that could make it more difficult for Spencer to puke up all the contents of her stomach. I'm thinking that because it's so easy for her to throw up, that's why it keeps happening so frequently. So we have an appointment tomorrow morning and I'm hoping all will be restored to normal.




post signature

3 comments:

Hayley said...

OOOOHHH, pretty pictures!

You'll have to let us know how the appt. goes, I'm interested to see what they say. Hopefully it's something simple.

Good luck!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Beautiful pictures!! I hope that you can find an answer to all of this... what a horrible thing to go through...

BTW! I left an award on my site for you!

Maisy said...

love, love, the pics of the flowers.
keep up posted on what the doc says. poor little spencer.
let her know that aunt maisy is giving her a virtual hug!!
xoxo

Post a Comment