Thursday, April 23, 2009

My First Blog Award!

I got my first Blog Award today from Katie over at A LITTLE CRAZY & A LOT OF LOVE! I'm so glad my first bloggy award was about being a good mom, because sometimes I need that little bit of extra encouragement and today was one of those days, so thank you so much, Katie! (not me Katie, Katie who gave me the award!)

Rules for Mom of the Year Award:

(1) Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!


I feel badly about so many things when it comes to being a mother, a new one pops up every day. But I guess the one that is always with me is I feel guilty that Spencer isn't ever going to have the typical (well I guess it's atypical nowadays) nuclear family like I had. I hate knowing that her father is going to let her down and that she might think it's her fault. It's a weird type of guilt because I wouldn't do anything differently, as it would mean that I wouldn't have Spencer just as she is. But it's always in the back of my mind.

2) Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!

  1. I love rocking Spencer to sleep every night, especially when she takes my face in her hands and gives me kisses.
  2. I love that when she gets hurt (I don't love that she gets hurt) I'm the only one she wants and only my kisses make it all better.
  3. I love that I've been able to stay at home with her these first few years of her life.
  4. I love teaching her something new and the light she gets in her eyes when she's figured it out for herself.
  5. I love that she loves animals as much as I do and I really love how she talks to them like they're humans who can understand her.
  6. I love how open minded I've become since being a mother.
  7. I love that she's all mine, my daughter, my little Spencer.
(3) Send this to five other Mom's Of The Year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
Here you go ladies, I think you're all amazing moms and I love learning new things from you!

Hayley at Hayley n' Cade







rules




post signature

6 comments:

ljkc said...

Hi Katie - thanks so much for stopping by and your compliments. Your little mini-me is the spitting image of u ;)

xo

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Yeah! You deserved this one FOR SURE!

Melissa said...

You are such a great mommy! And you should never feel guilty about the absence of 'him'. Way to go! And about the puking issue, that sounds like it will really work. It will be really hard but worth it in the end. I really don't know how you handle that. I can not be alone when Austyn is puking. I just can't deal with it. I know that sounds funny but I make Cody stay home from work. Its like a phobia, I don't know? But anyways let us out here in internet-ville know how things are working! good luck :)

Melissa said...

i used 'really' alot in the paragraph. heee heee

Seriously? Really? Seriously, seriously? I love that part of SNL!

Mrs. Cropper said...

How cute are you?! Loved your post, and thanks for the award! I'll have to work on putting together a post...

Hayley said...

Thanks!! You totally deserve this award, btw. Single parenting is the hardest job EVER.

I'm so glad to hear that the puking thing is just an attention-grabbing strategy. I hope you can help her get over it quickly! I have faith in you!

Post a Comment