Monday, April 27, 2009

No AC

As I'm writing this, there is a fan blowing full blast into my face. It is 92 degrees and my AC stopped working. Of all the days for this to happen! Well, I guess I can be thankful that it didn't happen yesterday, when it was 95.

Spence has been playing in her little blow up pool. It now has about a month worth of my air inside of it. And apparently this is a very busy time of year for the AC people, as they're not sure when they'll be able to come out. Hopefully by Wednesday all will be restored. But let me tell you, we're not a pretty sight. Sweat streaks the pollen that clings like a fine mist to our skin. Spencer's cheeks are the color of ripe tomatoes (not from a burn, from being so hot).

I guess it's these little unexpected occurrences that make life so unique and exciting, but I'm missing my air conditioner!

post signature

3 comments:

Micha said...

I'm actually jealous. I had to brush snow off my car yesterday. I should've expected it, I packed all our snow gear away last week!

Hayley said...

Oh I am sooo sorry. I know exactly what you're going through. I went for two weeks without air conditioning one summer because the apt complex I lived in was shite. I had to take my dogs clear back to my parents' house so they wouldn't die while I was at work during the day.

Hopefully they'll hop to it!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh no! The worst is trying to SLEEP in that.... There were several times in my life that I lived with no AC... none of them were fun... so sorry! I hope that they get there soon!

Post a Comment