Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol, Huh? So You Think You Dance?!

I am one of the very few Americans who HATE American Idol, I can honestly, and proudly, sat that I have never watched one complete episode! But it's not like I can live in this world and not know what's going on- it's everywhere you look. But tonight starts my favorite show, So You Think You Can Dance!

I was a little late to the SYTYCD hot tamale train, I didn't start watching until half way through season 2, when Travis inexplicably lost to Benji. Ever since then I've been hooked- it's the only show that I've ever voted on. I think what I love best about it is how hard these dancers have had to work to get where they are. Yes, there is a certain amount of innate talent involved, but so much of it is practice and dedication. Anyone can be born with a good voice, and not that there isn't work involved in honing that talent, but it's different.

I can't wait to see the new batch of talent this season, even though these first few episodes show as many awful dancers as they do good ones. Last year I was a huge Twitch Boss and Gev fan, but I also liked Joshua Allen, and I was happy he won. Who did you root for last year, if you watched?



In other blog business, Hayley tagged me in this alphabet survey, 10 Things I Love That Start With 'S'.

  1. Spencer
  2. Sleep
  3. So You Think You Can Dance
  4. Storms
  5. Stars (the ones in the sky and the famous ones!)
  6. Sunny Days
  7. Spas
  8. Sundaes
  9. Spider Lilies
  10. Snooze Button

post signature





1 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh I HATE AI. I'm forced to watch because John loves it. Luckily he loves SYTYCD, too. SYTYCD is my favorite show, hands down.

Last year, I was a total Twitch fan. The year before that, I totally crushed on Pasha. And Danny amazed me... gave me goosebumps. I didn't catch any of season 1 or 2 because I was too busy working millions of hours in the desert so my ex could spend all our money on alcohol.

Sometimes I'm flabbergasted at how much you and I have in common.

Post a Comment