Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tomorrow is Friday!

Today is my aunt's 60th birthday, so my family took her out to eat for dinner tonight. Of course nothing is ever that simple when you have a small child with you! Everyone took turns playing with her outside and entertaining her.



Normally I wouldn't have taken Spencer, but my aunt really wanted everyone to be there. I'm one of those really weird people who thinks that children 3 and under only belong in Applebees type restaurants. Unless they're really young and will sleep through the whole thing, that's okay too. I just remember my pre-Spencer days and how annoying I'd find squawking children when I was out to eat at someplace nice. Of course now I completely understand the need to GET OUT of your house and mingle with adults.



Going out with Spencer is usually a stressful experience. On the one hand, I can't wait for the day when we can go somewhere and I don't have to pack a two ton bag of everything that will hold her attention. But then I remember how fast she is growing up and that makes me sad, so then the two ton bag doesn't seem so bad.



I'm watching Michael J. Fox right now, as he speaks about optimism in the face of obstacles, and he's so inspiring. It makes me feel ridiculous that I'm complaining about getting to go out to eat and have my meal paid for! Sometimes I just need a little perspective to make me realize how blessed I am.



I don't know what's on the agenda for tomorrow, except for the freaking Comcast people to come and fix my Internet. It goes out every single day for a few hours, at random times. Today it was off for 8 hours! This will be the third time they've come out to "fix" this problem, so let's hope it's the charm.



Happy Friday!



post signature

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I am with you-- I am hyper sensitive of my children in restaraunts... it makes for a bad time for me, so I rarley take them!

John & Michelle said...

Hope you have a great Mother's Day!

Post a Comment