Friday, May 8, 2009

Deep Thoughts by Katie

I'm zonked! Spencer didn't wake up until 9:30am this morning, which was great because I got to sleep in a little bit longer than usual. However, this meant she didn't take a nap all day. I need her naps for rejuvenation!



Other then waiting for the Comcast people who didn't show up today, now they're coming tomorrow, I really didn't do too much. Since I had no phone or Internet, we spent most of our day outside playing on her new swing set. (Pictures to Come) Of course Spencer has decided that she wants to walk up the slide and then climb down the stairs. It was like a flashback to my childhood. I could hear my mom saying "Katie, bottoms go on the slide, not feet!"



Mother's Day is coming up and I'm not really looking forward to it all that much. Obviously Spencer is too young to celebrate and people kind of forget about me. It's mostly husbands who are supposed to do things for their wives when the kiddo's are too young, and well, I don't have one of those! I don't know why I'm still seeking validation that I'm a good mother, because I know that I am. But it's nice to be reminded every once and awhile by your family. Okay, that's enough, pity party for me is over. This weekend my thoughts and prayers are with all the women out there that want to be a mother and haven't yet been blessed with a child. I imagine Mother's Day is very difficult for them and I hope that my small prayer is able to do something to alleviate that hole in their heart that constantly reminds them someone is missing.



Well, a tornado watch has been issued again, it's time for me to turn off the computer. I am SO sick of this weather!



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment