Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's a Jungle Out There


My daughter's bedroom.







Spencer's room as been a work in progress for a long time now, but it was well worth the wait. One of my mom's friends painted this beautiful mural for her! I gave her a basic blueprint of what I wanted and she went to town! I requested an orangutan, a lion, an elephant, and a zebra and I wanted them to look real, but friendly and happy. I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out and Spencer really loves it.



She likes the monkey the best, or at least that's the one she says over and over, but that could be because the orangutan is the only one she know yet! Yes, it's specifically an orangutan, even though they aren't natives of the African jungle diaspora. It's my vision of the jungle so that's just how it is!



Mustafa was the inspiration.




I'm kind of jealous that I don't have one.



Now if I could only get her to sleep in there!


post signature

13 comments:

Hayley said...

SOOOO CUTE.

Micha said...

LOVE it!! Really, your vision is all that matters. When A was born I painted a fanciful castle theme in her room. As an added touch we used glow in the dark paint to put stars around the top of the walls just below the ceiling. Her dads constellation + mine = kidlets. Totally NOT realistic but I loved it nonetheless.

Alexandra said...

Amazing!

Unknown said...

Katie this is amazing! It looks sooo beautiful. Spencer is a blessed little lady.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

WOW!! What an amazing room! This is SO COOL!

Christa said...

Love the paintings on the wall! What a cool room!

Ashley said...

Awesome painting!!!!! ;)

The Baby Cove said...

Wow! Really amazing artwork!

Pam Bowers said...

That mural is amazing!!!

Paige said...

I love her room and her name! They are both adorable! I'm also all about the title of your blog. Being a single Mother myself, I know how it feels to press on with life even though others may think it is over.

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Tara G. said...

Wow-what a great mural!

Courtney said...

Awesome mural!

Post a Comment