Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Trash

Spencer loves to throw things away, and she's very good at it. She has her own trash can, and periodically throughout the day, I will hear it open and close. She loves it so much that makes her own garbage just so she can throw it away! Example: She pulls out a tissue, blows her nose, throws the tissue away; Repeat cycle 4-8 times.

Every day I have go back through her trash can (she only uses "hers") and make sure she hasn't thrown anything away that shouldn't be there. I always find something- pacifiers, little travel bottles of soap, fully wrapped granola bars, earrings... you name if, I've found it in the garbage. Oh yeah, my new tooth brush, which stayed in the trash. This will be my 3rd tooth brush in one month!

But it's just so darn cute, not to mention, occasionally, helpful. There's never any garbage laying around, as soon as she thinks she sees something that's trash. she's off to go throw it away.


In other Spencer news. she is now answering the house telephone. No matter where she is in the house, she will answer that phone within 3 rings, and say "Hello, Hello!" Luckily, only family members ever call that phone!

post signature

3 comments:

Maisy said...

I LOVE Spencer stories. Keep them coming!!!! She's so funny, cute & HELPFUL!!!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh how cute!! We don't have a home phone... but Henry LOVES to carry my cell around and wait to answer it... and he has a trash can of his own too!

Peta-maree said...

That is cute. I wish I had her in my house for a day picking up things.

Post a Comment