Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Spy...

A sippy cup in my shoe holder.



Spencer has a new found fascination with hiding things- both hers and mine. And I have to say, I don't think it's cute. It's actually driving me CRAZY! I have tried everything in terms of baby proofing, she just finds someway around it. After breakfast this morning I put her cup in the sink. When I went to get it for her for lunch, it was gone.



At first I thought I was losing my mind and then I thought there must be a prowler in our home. But I saw Spencer peeking at me from around the corner, a big smile on her face- and then I knew. Somehow she managed to get her cup out of the kitchen sink and I have no clue how she did it. And it's not like I wasn't with her and watching her- she follows me into the bathroom- we have no "separate" time.



It took me about 15 minutes to finally track it down, not too bad considering I have been looking for my camera charger for one week now and my pink flower flip flops for 5 days. She loves to put on my shoes and wear them around the house- it's very adorable. The not so cute part is when she stashes them so I won't take them away from her.



I feel like I'm spending half of my day looking for things and it's making me nuts! In the past week she has "hidden" the following items:



  • my keys (found in the toilet)
  • toothbrush
  • wipes
  • remote control
  • sippy cup
  • camera battery charger
  • shoes
  • my purse
  • my wallet
  • two photo albums
  • my diet coke
  • I found a stash of four of my hair brushes in her toy chest, under a blanket
  • the bathroom trash can

Where I found her cup yesterday.



It would be one thing if she just pulled everything out and made a big mess, at least everything would be out in the open and I wouldn't have to tear the house apart. It's the hiding part that gets to me, do you know how many places an almost two year old can hide a toothbrush? I found it one of my indoor plants and it was partially covered with dirt! I know that it's a game to her and she's not doing anything dangerous or mean-spirited, but... it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.



But I guess if this is what I have to complain about, I have it pretty good! And I'm constantly amazed at how ingenious she can be- the way she studies things and figures them out. But today I'm cranky and I now have to go do some damage control on the mess I made looking for her hidden treasures!






post signature