Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

I know everyone knows how I feel about Mother's Day, as I wrote ad nauseum about it before. Mostly Mother's Day has always been sad for me because it's just a really big reminder to me of what a disappointment I turned out to be for my mom. She really is a very good and Godly woman who didn't quite get what she bargained for when I can along!

Tomorrow the whole family is going to brunch, so that should be nice. I wish Mother's Day was Daughter's Day and Father's Day was Son's Day. I hate that so many people get excluded when all they want to be is part of the "club." If we did it my way, EVERYBODY would have a day!

I hope that tomorrow is wonderful for every one of you.

post signature

4 comments:

Maisy said...

Katie~
Just because we thrown zingers at our parent's doesn't make us a disappointment. It's what we do with what we have is what makes a difference. Be good to YOU tomorrow girl. Don't worry about your Mom. She loves you. Tell her how much you love her...then...turn to Spencer and give her a big hug. It's because of her that makes this a whole new experience for you. I wish we could walk arm in arm going out to do something special with our kids tomorrow...of course after brunch.
Know you are loved and adored...even by people who have never MET you!!!
xoxo
Happy Mother's Day Katie!!!

The Kramer Angle said...

Hi Katie,

I agree with Maisy. Honestly, all you can do is be true to yourself, proud of yourself and know with all certainty you are where you are supposed to be right now - however and whomever you think you may have disappointed along the way. Live YOUR life!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I agree with everyone else... I hope that you had a WONDERFUL Mothers day.. you are a great mom and deserved the day jsut as much as your mom did!

Patti said...

I highly doubt your mother would consider you a disappointment. There are far worse things to do in the world then bring a beautiful child into it and then raise her with the loving dedication that you have. I bet she is proud of you and you should give BOTH of you a little more credit! :) God knows what He is doing, He wasn't suprised when you had Spencer. He arranged the whole thing! Hope you had a great afternoon yesterday! You DESERVED it!

Post a Comment