Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2009! I am so hoping this is going to be a good year. I generally get all nostalgic on this night, but I'm just not feeling it this year. Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin are what I am most looking forward to tonight.

Today, me, the PGPs, and the PGGPs all went to Chuck-E-Cheese for lunch and the subject of New Year's Resolutions came up. I hadn't really thought about it, to be honest, which is pretty surprising considering I usually know what they are months in advance.



I am a firm believer that resolutions, like birthday wishes, should be kept private. So I'm keeping the important ones to myself, but how boring would I be if I didn't post any resolutions? VERY!



Katie's Semi-Important 2009 New Year's Resolutions

  1. Start school in September- either as a teacher or a student, but it's time to make a decision.
  2. Reupholster the two chairs in my living room
  3. Take a sewing class
  4. Do a better job of cataloging my photos
  5. Try to get back some of the "spice" I had before a became a mom

Quick question for all you non-East Coasters: Do you celebrate the New Year when the ball falls in NYC, or when it turns 12am in your time zone? Also, if you wait for your zone, is there any local ball, or something like it, that marks the beginning of the new year?


I keep adding to this post as the night goes on, sorry about that, but I just saw Dick Clark on ABC and I burst into tears. I was flipping around channels and there he was. I've seen him speak since he had his stroke back in 2004, but it still gets to me. I just think it's so brave of him to get out there and keep on living. I know he does a lot of what he's doing now, speaking engagements and such, in order to show other stroke survivors that their lives aren't over. Oh, and I hate the Jonas Brothers.


I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Day and an even better 2009!


0 comments:

Post a Comment