Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So Busy

Today has just been long, long, long. I am ready to go to sleep, but there is still so much I need to do. We are doing Christmas tomorrow with the paternal grandparents and great-grandparents (hereinafter, P-GP's and P-GGP's) so I'm trying to finish up our presents for them. We went to see Santa today, the "Real Santa" who comes down the chimney, but a series of unfortunate events ended up with us deciding to go tomorrow. Because this is "The Real Santa" the lines are ridiculously long, like 2 hours would be considered a quick breeze through.



All if this rambling means that Spencer, my mother and I, are meeting her other grandma at 8am-to see Santa! It's going to be so freakin' COLD!! She is getting there at 7am to start standing in line.



As much as I am ready for Spencer to open up all of her presents, I love the build up to Christmas, and I'm always sad come December 26, actually I'm sad come Christmas night. I'm always grateful for everything I get, but I can't help it; every year I always feel sad, like I wish I could do it again, and make the whole experience more "Hallmarky." I should be really excited about seeing Santa tomorrow, and I am, but all I can think about is how early we have to be there, packing for the whole day out, and making sure I have all the gifts wrapped.



I just wish I could savor this time a little more than I am. Instead, I end up feeling like everything is a chore and an obligation, rather than a moment to be lingered on and treasured. I guess I am pretty lucky that these are things I have to complain about. I am really excited about our Christmas pajamas! Every year, since birth, I have gotten a special pair of Christmas pjs, and this year- my 27th- is no exception. It's always exciting to me when I can pass on one of my traditions to Spencer, and Christmas pajamas is a VERY important tradition.



What are your Christmas traditions and were there any that carried over from your childhood? Besides the pjs, we also watch Home Alone every Christmas Eve.

1 comments:

Maisy said...

you are a sweet, sweet mother!!!
Merry Christmas Katie!!!
XXXXXXX

Post a Comment